Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis are all headed to the same new school next month.
On Monday, Prince William and Kate Middleton announced that their three children will be attending Lambrook School in Berkshire come September once the family moves from London to their new home in Windsor. The royal couple revealed in a statement from Kensington Palace, “Their Royal Highnesses are hugely grateful to Thomas’s Battersea where George and Charlotte have had a happy start to their education since 2017 and 2019 respectively and are pleased to have found a school for all three of their children which shares a similar ethos and values.” George and Charlotte were previously students at Thomas’s Battersea, the $23,000 a year school near their home at Kensington Palace, while Louis attended Willcocks Nursery School, where his sister went before him.
Jonathan Perry, the headmaster of the Lambrook School, also added in the release, “We are delighted that Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will be joining us this coming September and very much look forward to welcoming the family, as well as all of our new pupils, to our school community.” Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are expected to be day students at the school, but as the oldest it’s thought that Prince George might choose to make use of the school’s flexible boarding program, as both his father and uncle, Prince Harry, previously did.
Ben Thomas, Principal of Thomas’s London Day Schools, said in a statement following this announcement, “We would like to thank George, Charlotte and all of our leaving pupils for upholding the school’s values and for their many contributions to school life throughout their time at Thomas’s. We wish them every happiness and success at their next schools and beyond.”
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge recently decided to move their family from London to the country in part to be closer to Queen Elizabeth, who has been residing at Windsor Castle since the onset of the pandemic. Their new home also has the added benefit of being close to Bucklebury where Kate grew up and where her parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, still reside.
In 2021, sources also told Vanity Fair that the royals’ plans to move began because the family wanted to spend more time in the countryside and were also thinking about the future of the monarchy. After looking at multiple other properties, they ultimately chose Adelaide Cottage, built in 1831 for Queen Adelaide, the consort of King William IV. It was most recently refurbished in 2015.
Listen to Vanity Fair’s DYNASTY podcast now.
More Great Stories From Vanity Fair
— Prince Andrew Really Just Cannot Seem to Stop Himself
— How Princess Diana’s Dance With the Media Impacted William and Harry
— Prince Charles Commemorates the First Anniversary of Prince Philip’s Death
— Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Visit With Wounded Service Members From Ukraine
— From the 1985 Archive: Princess Diana, the Mouse That Roared
— DYNASTY: The Year That Changed the Monarchy